Itís All About Me! Memories, Descriptions, Metaphysics
Choose ___ of the following writing prompts to answer. For each, please write approximately a one page, single spaced response. Follow the rules that govern coherent paragraph structure, as well as mechanics.
Think of this as a memory log of your school years and/or a descriptive log of your personality.
- Describe yourself as your best friend would describe you.
- What are the three nicest things anyone ever said about you?
- Describe a friend.
- What are some things that make you unique?
- If you could live in another time in history, what would you choose and why?
- Write about a funny dream you had.
- Describe a nightmare you had.
- Write about a disagreement between yourself and someone else. How do people know when you are angry?
- Write about telling a lie you did not regret (or about one you later did regret).
- Write about your childhood secret places.
- Write about a time a parent was worried but tried to hide it from you.
- Write a series of five sentences beginning with "I rememberÖ"
- Write a letter to yourself from a relative no longer living.
- The writer James Baldwin pointed out, "The one face that one can never see is oneís own face." What do you suppose he meant by this. How do you see yourself?
- Assume your journal will be read 250 years from now. Tell future readers something interesting about you and the time and place in which you live.
- When you were little, did you have a nickname? What was it? How did you get it? Or, what are some pet names your family calls you?
- Do you like your first name? Why or why not? What would choose instead?
- How would your mother describe you as a baby? As a child?
- Describe something you did to tease a brother or sister.
- How do you feel about school right now?
- Whatís the best thing that ever happened at school?
- If you could have one wish come true, what would it be?
- Name something you hate to do. Why? How do you handle it?
- If your home were on fire, what five things (in addition to your family) would you try to save? Explain why for each.
- What is the greatest disappointment you ever had?
- What inscription should they put on your gravestone? Why?
- How do you see your life in ten years from now?
- If you could live one day over in your life, which day would you choose? Why?
- What is a major accomplishment in your life thus far?
- What is a major failure in your life thus far?
- What is something valuable you have learned in life thus far?
- In your family, as one child your parentís favorite? How do you know? Who was it?
- What are your feelings about death?
- What is the most humiliating moment you have ever experienced?
- Do you have trouble with your temper? Explain.
- Describe the best teacher you ever had.
- What would an ideal set of parents be like?
- What present would you like for your next birthday?
- What is the most humbling moment you ever had?
- Describe a time you were pressured by your peers.
- Tell about a time you saw a parent cry.
- Tell about the best day of your life.
- What is the funniest story you recall involving friends?