Ms. Gokturk Journalism
Please look through a newspaper. Find a feature that interests you and cut it out, staple or clip it to this sheet.
Title of feature: ________________________________________________
1. What was it that attracted you to this feature? Be specific.
2. What type of feature is it (news, profile, informative/news, or accomplishment/personal experience)? How do you know? Describe and/or cite from the article to support your conclusion.
3. Summarize the content of the article here.
4. What emotions are evoked by this feature (or are supposed to be evoked)? Please cite evidence from the text to support your comments.
5. Does the reporter make the purpose of the story clear early on? What is the message and when do you know what it is? [Consider the thesis/glue.]