Please read the feature you have been given. Answer the following questions after you have it. Pretend that you are the authorís friend and editor offering suggestions for improvement.
1. Is this a human interest story? How?
2. Does it appeal to the emotions? (What are they?)
3. Does the feature story begin with an interest-arousing lead? What is it? What suggestion can you offer to IMPROVE it?
4. Does the reporter make the purpose clear early in the story? What is the purpose of this story?
5. Does the story have a lead, a body, and conclusion? What area is the strongest part of the story? The weakest? Explain why for each.
6. Does the body add to the total facts and help carry the idea along logically? How could it be IMPROVED?
7. Does the conclusion tie up all the loose ends, giving finality to the article? How might it be IMPROVED?
8. Does the reporter use vivid words that add color and life to the story? Give an example. Then, how could the reporter add more life to this story?
10. Does the story have a catchy title? What might be a better title?
11.What suggestions can you make for improvement? (What would make this a better story?