Guidelines for Presenting a PowerPoint
- Introduce the topic to the class clearly and provide the basics. Use specific examples to illustrate your major points.
- Be well-prepared! Know your stuff.
- DO NOT just read off your presentation.
- Make presentation visually appealing. Suck us in to your world of knowldege!
- Do not mumble. SPEAK LOUDLY.
- Use graphics that help illustrate a point. Humor is good, but only to keep our attention. Use RELEVANT material!
- Avoid Clip Art whenever possible.
- Organize ideas into a logical order.
- Provide a handout that is no more than one page. Synthesize key ideas; make it a study aid.
- Refer to handout throughout presentation to enhance what you’re saying.