How to Panel Your Re-told Myth
· Use your homework to help you think through the myth. What did you include in your summary? Examine your flowchart or family tree.
· How many boxes will you need for a graphic “comic” of this story. Should be LESS than 16…
· What TYPE of creation myth is this? How can you emphasize this in your retelling?
· What is the beginning? What are the chronological events of the story? Which are the most important?
· What is the “conflict”? Do any of the gods or characters experience challenges? How would you represent this?
· Who are the characters needed? How would you describe/illustrate their personalities and/or jobs?
· What elements of nature or human nature are represented? At what point of the story is this evident? How can you highlight this?
· How can you create dialogue to make the story come to life?
· How does the tale end? What has been learned/created?