Writing for the 21st Century
Please answer the following:
1. Would you speak up if you saw someone getting bullied in the hall?
Yes No It Depends Explain________________________________________________________________
2. Do you recycle? Yes No Sometimes
Explain why. ____________________________________________________________
3. Americans who do nothing to help troubled nations contribute to terrorism. True False
4. Would you sign a petition for something you felt was important? Yes No
5. Would you write a petition and get signatures for something you felt was important?
6. I care about the world. Yes No
7. I would go on a march to protest something I felt was unjust. Yes No
8. My opinion doesn’t really matter to anyone besides my friends. True False
9. The seating in the cafeteria doesn’t matter. True False
10. The future is not in jeopardy. Everything is fine. True False
11. Poverty leads to crime. True False
12. It matters who is elected to the presidency. True False
13. Race is not a problem in Port Washington. True False
Now reflect on your statements and responses. Are you apathetic or passionate or somewhere in between? Do you believe that you can make a difference on the woes of the world? Do you feel any responsibility towards what the future will be?
YOUR TASK (10 points):
Please write a one page, single spaced composition that describes how you see yourself in terms of your impact and voice in the world today. Address the items discussed on this page and/or add your own insight into the topic.