Writing for the 21st Century
Propaganda for My Cause:
Creating Ads That Turn Heads
After having reviewed some "persuasive" techniques used in advertising, itís now your turn! You will create advertisements that could be printed in magazines or newspapers or be copied and distributed publicly.
YOUR TASK: Your mission is to create THREE advertisements that fit on one page. Your goal is to persuade your audience to join your cause and change the world.
Each one page ad MUST include the following:
- Each ad should clearly "sell" your cause. Make sure that you are persuading people to not only believe what you are conveying, but also be moved to act.
- Each ad should include TWO propaganda devices as discussed in class. (Bad names, glad names, testimonial, fear, etc.) Please use two different devices on each ad so that you will ultimately have used at least SIX devices across the three ads.
- Each ad should be visually intriguing. Pay attention to how words look together and be sure that it is readable.
- Include a contact number or address so that people know where to go to join your cause.
- Include a graphic. You may draw it, concoct it collage style from magazine photos, or find suitable graphics from the Internet.
- Use correct grammar and spelling.
ENJOY BRAINWASHING THE WORLD!